Skip to main content

September 11, 2015

9/11 Remembrance Day
Each generation seems to have their moment. My Mama remembers the day JFK died vividly. I remember September 11, 2001 as if it happened yesterday.
In May 2014 the 9/11 Museum opened at the site of the World Trade Center 2. Throughout the years I have watched the clean up of the area happen, the rebuilding begin, and finally in August 2014 we had the opportunity to go through the museum. It was incredible. A very special and moving tribute to not just World Trade Center, but to the plane that went down in Pennsylvania and the Pentagon. The museum is worth the money and time spent. If you have an opportunity please go and don't rush through it. It's beautifully done.

This wall inside the museum is captivating. The letters for Virgil's
quote were forged out of remnant World Trade Center steel by
New Mexico Blacksmith Tom Joyce. 

Click on the picture to enlarge.
This placard gives the reason for the blue
squares on the wall with Virgil's quote. 

Memorial Pool outside, the water flows eternally and every single person
who lost their life that day has their name inscribed on the wall.
It's very moving and special. 

The new World Trade Center 1





















Make Your Bed Day  
As a favor to my hub I made the bed today!  He loves a made bed, I am indifferent to it.
How about you?

No News is Good News Day
Sometimes this is true, sometimes not.
It makes me think of a show I loved, Early Edition. For the show's main character, the incredibly handsome Gary Hobson (played by Kyle Chandler), no news really is good news.

Stand Up to Cancer
This is where the end of cancer begins









Patriot Day
This is part of the 9/11 Remembrance Day. Click on its link to get the explanation for this part of this somber day.

Hot Cross Buns Day
Of course I immediately think of the nursery rhyme. *grin*
But I can make my own hot cross buns today, and you can too!
How did hot cross buns become two a penny?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#MakeItHappenMonday

Are things happening to you or are you making things happen?  The difference between the two has to do with belief in self and the willingness to simply ask or take a step forward. 
Today's #MakeItHappenMonday thoughts come straight from this article I ran across. 

I'm not good at making things happen, I am lazy - fearful - insecure and just wait for things to happen to me. Not ideal I know. In fact, if I want to live a life that just happens and invites me to participate every so often then my attitude is perfect! But when I hear myself complain about things happening to me then it's not so perfect after all is it?

You've probably said it before, and I'm sure you've had it said to you, "it doesn't hurt to ask." That's true if you are a person who makes things happen. But if you are a person - like me - who waits for things to happen then the asking seems out of line or fear inducing or something uncomfortable.

So what kind of person are you?…

#ThrowbackThursday

Let's talk about style. Not current fashion but those fashions we sported back in our younger days. You know those days - when we thought we looked G.O.O.D. *wink* 
In the spirit of the day here's a few photos of my stellar fashion sense back in my day. 
August 1983 - I LOVED this dress, I wore it a lot and I thought I was quite the cutie in it! 
I'm not just outing my fashion sense today but my brother's as well - look at his shorts and socks! Hahaha! And then there's me. I remember this outfit very well - I put a lot of thought into it. I was definately going through a pink phase - you can't see it here obviously but my entire bedroom was pink walls - as in bubblegum pink - along with white wallpaper that had pink hearts on it. This was in July 1986. 
Huh. I just noticed that with the posting of this picture and the two above there's a lot of pink. I must have liked it much more than I thought. To be fair this sweater I'm wearing in September of 1987…

#FridayFeeling

Today's feelings are the ones we feel but can't name. For example...


The english language lacks the adjectives that the range of human emotion actually covers. All other languages have multiple meanings for human emotions like love, anger, sadness, etc. And in those different meanings we find more apt descriptions of what we each feel every day. In fact, Forbes published an article about this last year. 
So the next time you are feeling something but can't figure out a word for it just know that there may be a word out there after all. Google the feeling and see what word pops up!