Skip to main content

November - The "Official" Gratitude Attitude Month

It's the month of Thanksgiving here in the USA.  A trend for several years on Facebook has been to post a thankful every day of the month.  A few years ago I participated in that and it was interesting to see how my tendencies to post a status that wasn't so thankful sounding were squelched in light of giving thanks.
It feels a little like a mystery to me, this gratitude attitude truly impacting my thoughts, emotions, words, my behavior even.  And it isn't conscious. In fact some days I have to sit and really think about what I was grateful for. But when it comes to me I immediately recognize that, yes, I am grateful for that thing or that person on that day.  And it changed my interactions that day without me being fully aware of it. Gratitude truly does color my attitude.  And yours too when you allow it.  Have you been participating in having a gratitude attitude? If so, I'd love to hear how it's changed your perspectives on your days, your relationships, your life.  If not, join in!
Today Ann Voscamp, author of "One Thousand Gifts", posted a blog that I found interesting about November. Did you know that statistics show November is the month that is the hardest for people?  The "official" month of gratitude is the hardest month for people overall.  The way to reverse that for yourself and for others? Why, gratitude of course.  If you haven't read Voscamp's book maybe pick it up this month and see what she has to say, I'm guessing there will be a nugget or two of truth within its pages that will resonate with you.   Another book that I haven't read yet but is on my list is this one by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, perhaps my bookshelf will allow me to read this one in November as I continue to focus on Gratitude Attitudes.  And a final recommended read for this month, Anne Lamott's brilliant little book (102 pages - everyone can do that!) "Help Thanks Wow: Three Essential Prayers". I am in the thanks part today and want to quote the heck out of it. Lamott shares some good and powerful thoughts on giving thanks.
Gratitude Attitude is not a verbal acknowledgement, it should be a verb in our lives.  Live out your Gratitude Attitude and not just in November but year long, you won't believe the difference it can and will make.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships