Skip to main content

Day 74: Expanded Worldview

Tonight we had dinner with my friend Steve.  Steve lives in Kenya, near Nairobi.  I met Steve in 2007 during my first trip to Kenya.  Steve is the son of a Pastor, and a Pastor himself, at a church in Mathare Valley Slum - the oldest slum in East Africa.  Steve is also the Assistant Director of Sanctuary of Hope, a ministry through Hope's Promise.  Steve, and his family, have become dear friends to me throughout the years.  God's grace has enabled us to be connected through technology and every so often we get to have true face time.  :) Steve has been in the States for the past 3 weeks doing some work with Hope's Promise and my old church, the church Mathare Worship Centre is still connected to.  At dinner tonight I took the opportunity to ask Steve some questions, to hear from his perspective and heart about some things.  Who better to ask than one who was born, grew up, and lives in the country? Who better to ask than one who has true observations about things and not just ones that aren't meant for "good behavior"?  I appreciate Steve's diplomacy with me and his honesty with me about what we discussed.  I appreciate, and am grateful, for these friends I have that help me to have an expanded worldview.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path