Skip to main content

Time for a change

When you have to start compromising yourself or your morals for the people around you, it's probably time to change the people around you.  Unknown

'Nuf said.  *grin*
(Ha, you know me better than that!)
For years I morphed myself into other people.  Whoever I was with or wanted to please I would morph into their personality and take on their morals (to a certain point).  UGH.  Who wants to be around that?  They didn't even want to be around me when it came right down to it!  Eventually I got a grip and started treating my relationships in healthy ways.  I started drawing some boundaries, learned to say no, figured out that people pleasing dishonored the One who created me, and stood up for myself in right ways.  I am a much better person to be around these days (trust me I am) and I'm still learning!  I'm still figuring out who I need to be careful around and who I can just be with.  For me it's a tightrope walk that is getting easier but every so often I wobble and my balance is threatened.
When I started figuring things out I was a little slow to catch on so God did some housecleaning for me.  He removed me from some people's lives and vice versa in a way I never would have recommended but it was effective and it got me on the road to healthy relationships so I haven't really complained to much.  It wasn't the most fun I've ever had so listen to me.  Do it first.  Do it by choice.  Do it before God has to.  Don't get me wrong - God's way was good and timely and I wouldn't change it for a thing but every so often I wished I had seen it before he had to go to such extreme measures.  So take my advice learned through experience, do it first.  Don't be afraid.  Our fear of the unknown (what if nobody will like me?  what if I don't meet new people? What if, what if, what if is gonna kill you!) keeps us from doing right things a lot of the time.  Don't let fear hold you back from living up to your standards and being true to who you have been created to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships