Skip to main content

Get past the start and you'll be fine

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.  Unknown

Ugh.  Don't I know this.  The beginning is always the hardest.  I wish it weren't.  I wish it were easy.  But it's the hardest.  I think I know why.  It's the hardest in the beginning because that's what we need to fight through.  It's easy to give up when not much is invested yet.  And our tendency as humans is to give up and if we don't have much invested yet then it's easy to give up on it.  But we have to fight through that desire to give up so quickly and we have to dig deep and find the desire to see it through.  This applies to so many things in our lives.  Exercise, addressing clutter in our lives, fixing a relationship, etc.  And sometimes, for me at least, the re-start is harder that it was when I began!  For example, I've really been struggling to re-start what I know I need to do to be healthy physically.  It's been really tough for me, much tougher than it was when I started addressing it a little over a year ago.  For my personality type, breaks aren't a good thing in the long run.  Now I have to start all over again but it feels so much harder this time.  Ugh.  So today's quote is really aimed at me.  I'm looking at myself and telling myself to just begin and then when I do, don't give up.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships