Skip to main content

I'm spent...or am I?

I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls. 2 Corinthians 12:15

I am struck by this verse.  In context the Apostle Paul is talking about his concern for the people of Corinth.  And he is willing to go to any length to see the people of Corinth come to knowledge of Christ and into relationship with Christ.  That's what he's saying in today's quote.  
I'm struck because I believe what is written in the word of God is for me to take in as well and live out.  So am I willing to say to whomever comes across my path, "I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls"?  And how God asks me to spend and be spent will look different, in some ways, than how it did for the Apostle Paul or how it does for Billy Graham or how it does for you or for me.  But am I willing?  I immediately say "yes, of course" but when the rubber meets the road is that really what happens?  Will I, do I, really allow myself to be spent on behalf of someone coming to knowledge and relationship with Christ?  I am willing in theory and I want to be willing in action.  Willing to be spent means I have to set aside myself.  It means that I don't concern myself with myself because I am trusting God to take care of me so I can be spent for the souls of others.  The Apostle Paul was a great example of this, he fully trusted God to take care of him so he could be spent on others.  Once I fully trust God to take care of me and I allow myself to let go of my selfishness then I think I will not only believe today's quote in theory but I will be able to live it out as well.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships