Skip to main content

The One Thing

Paul Colman is great.  And I particularly love this song by him.  (I wonder as I type that if people out there wonder if I don't love a song since it seems every blog I post I am loving the song!  Yeah I have songs I HATE.  Am I gonna feature them?  Probably not unless I do a week devoted to songs I hate....hmmmmmm.....*grin*) 
So anyway, back to Paul Colman and the song for today.  Something about the beat of this song combined with the lyrics (of course) just draws me in!  I think what I love about the lyrics is that Colman calls all of us out.  We ALL question at some point.  But what doesn't change as we question is how much God loves us.  Even while we question him and our beliefs in him he still loves.  The thing that is important to remember about God's love is that it is different than how we love in our humanness. Our love is...tainted.  His love is...pure.  Our love could be diagnosed as unhealthy at times.  His love is healthy. 
Back to the questions.  I think, I believe God is okay with our questions.  Especially the ones about him.  At our core he knows each of us and he knows what prompts the questioning and if we are honest with ourselves it isn't God we so much question as much as we question the institutions and people who claim to follow God.  Poor God (although his feelings aren't hurt), he gets the brunt of people's anger and they direct it toward him when really they are angry at the Church and the people who make up the Church.  That's why he's okay with the questions because he knows that even though we blame shift and say it's about him it really isn't!  His love for us cuts through the crap. 
So, got questions?  That's okay, the one thing you can count on is that HE LOVES YOU. 

The One Thing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships