Skip to main content

I Can't Make You Love Me

Bon Iver.  What?  Bon Iver.  Beth, what are you talking about?  I'm talking about Bon Iver, that's his name! :) 
Thanks to Jason who is broadening my musical tastes by suggesting (through Twitter but still!) this song by Bon Iver.  Actually this is Iver doing a cover of Bonnie Raitt's "I can't make you love me" which is, I'm pretty sure, the ONLY song of Raitt's that I ever liked so today's song is a win for me!  :)  And for kicks, and semi-comparison, I've included Raitt's as a bonus for today.  It's only right when Iver does such an incredible job of covering it. 
I love the way in which Iver starts off the song with the piano, it's haunting in a way but oh so beautiful.  The controversy on this song is always man vs. woman.  Who pulls off the song better?  It's a song that gets covered a lot, some of the artists that have covered it are: Adele, Lady Antebellum, Tank (who the heck is that?  Oh never mind...), etc.  It's one of "those" songs that begs to be sung by a variety of artists. 
Iver has talent, he plays piano beautifully and his voice is unique.  He definitely belongs in the same musical category as people like Adele because his voice isn't straightforward, it can (and probably does) take some warming up too but once you warm up to it (if you do) then you are hooked. 
Enjoy!

I Can't Make You Love Me/Nick Of Time - Bon Iver
I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships