Skip to main content

My Next Thirty Years

Today's song highlights the song more so than the artist, although I love Tim McGraw.  But I love the song's author as well, Phil Vassar, so the song gets all the talk! :)  Phil Vassar, the author of the song, is a great musician in his own right.  He plays the piano like a genius and has a great voice.  I have always loved him.  Tim McGraw, the recorder of the song, is a great singer and I love all his music.  So it's like a dream to have two fave's come together to produce such a great song!
I turned 30 a while ago (GRIN) and remember listening to this song and thinking, "yes!"  I love all the ways the song is suggesting to celebrate the next 30 years of life.  And I love it to because something happens when you turn 30.  Do those of you who have passed that milestone know what I mean?  It's kind of undefinable.  But it's like you become suddenly comfy in your own skin, it's like you settle down within yourself.  Oh sure there are other things like your health and body start doing wacky things but the core of who you are begins to really settle down.  I don't know, it's hard to explain but it's true!  So far, I have LOVED my thirties.  LOVED THEM. So much so that I am looking forward to my next 30 years!

My Next Thirty Years - Phil Vassar
My Next Thirty Years - Tim McGraw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships