Skip to main content

Day 182: Coming home in light AND I'm halfway through!

I am always grateful when I can drive home from work while it is still light out.  There's something so different about arriving home at 5:45 pm with light still in the sky rather than at the same time with it pitch black.  It affects my energy levels, probably my moods *grin*, my outlook on what I can get accomplished on a weeknight. Maybe that sounds weird but I've been noticing the differences as the skies have stayed lighter the past week or two.  So today when I arrived home at 5:30 pm and it was still light out I felt...good, peaceful, like I had space in my evening before I had to go to bed.  Am I the only one who feels the difference or are there others out there who are also grateful for the longer days?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I'm halfway through the most recent installment of the 365 Experiment.  This one has been, by far, the hardest. I tried really hard not to use up all the "givens" in the first month or two of the experiment and I do think I have a few in reserve still.  But it's been tough! Tough because some days I'm just "go go go" and I don't put any conscious thought toward gratefulness and on those "go" days life is a blur and I don't even notice much about my day except that I got through it. Tough because some days it becomes clear to me that I allow circumstances to infect my joy and interrupt gratefulness (joy and gratefulness go hand in hand). Tough because some days I'm too focused on the big stuff and have missed the little stuff all together (which is usually where Gratitude Attitudes are found).  So it's been tough. But a life skill in my world is being able to persevere through the obstacle and come out on the other side so to that end I've managed to come up with a Gratitude Attitude for each day.
182.5 more days to go. The days ahead are ripe with anticipation for me.  What will I encounter that prompts immediate gratefulness? What will I encounter that I have to work through to find my Gratitude Attitude?  In what ways could I inspire *you* to gratefulness and could *you* inspire me to it?  How will the 365 of Gratitude Attitudes culminate?
Thank you for joining me on this journey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships