Skip to main content

Day 168: Core Security

Confess.  You clicked on this post because of the title didn't you?  :)  It is intriguing I admit.  In truth, I couldn't figure out exactly how to word it so there it is - the post is forever stuck with the odd title.

Here's what I mean by it:
I am grateful for the security I have about myself at my core.  Sometimes on the surface I'm not so secure in me and who I am, but I always am at the core and when the surface times pop up I rely on my core to remind all of me that I am secure in who I am.  I realize this periodically when things like the following example happen. I wasn't invited to something that mutual friends of mine were invited to.  I didn't really think too much about it until a friend came to me and explained why I wasn't invited.  You know what? It didn't have all that much to do with me and I understood.  I got it and wasn't bothered in the least. Even if it did have to do with me I would have been okay because the reality is - we aren't going to get along or click with everyone, we just aren't.  We can be civil and courteous and friendly to all people but we aren't going to click with everyone.  15 years ago I would have been anxious and upset and wondering why I wasn't picked and "nobody" liked me.  Today?  I was reassuring the friend who came to explain that all is well and I'm not in the least offended.  I thought through that response and I realized it's because I have security about myself at my core. Whew, so grateful for that kind of growth in me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships