Skip to main content

Day 6: September exhausts me...already!

Today is one of those days where I'm having a hard time coming up with something specific.  It's not that I am ungrateful today, I'm just...tired.  And when I'm tired I have a hard time being aware and alert to life around me.
Earlier today I organized our calendar for the month of September.  I think it might have been the final nail in the coffin of tired.  We are B.U.S.Y. in September!  Wow.  But I look at it all and I can see where there are opportunities for relationship building, community building, life lessons in perseverance, furthering developing gifts the redheads have, etc and so while I am exhausted looking at it I am grateful for what is to come in the month of September.  I am grateful that we have a life outside our four walls and that life is full of moments and memories with people.  Maybe I'm putting too much stock in the filled days to come this month but maybe I'm also willing to have the eyes of my heart and mind wide open so as to not miss what moments and memories I'm supposed to take in.  So yes, I'm grateful for a full and busy month ahead.

(Someone please remind me of this when I get whiny by the end of this week!  Gracias!  *wink*)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 281