Skip to main content

Day 29: Colorado

Seriously. I am seriously grateful for this beautiful state in which I get to live.  Oh sure, I sometimes complain about the weather but then I see this...
Backside of Pikes Peak seen from Woodland Park, CO
Front side of Pikes Peak as seen in Colorado Springs, CO
First snow cover of the 2013 Fall season!

and I remember that other places in "Colorful Colorado" look like this...
Top of Mt Evans - elevation 14135 ft.  Photo taken by Misty Huss
Maroon Bells.  Photo taken by Misty Huss
  
and then I forget all about my weather complaints and I sigh a breath of gratitude for this amazingly beautiful state that I live in.
Just like people who love the ocean never tire of looking at the ocean and being by it, so I never tire of being by the mountains, specifically Pikes Peak, and looking at them.  No matter what kind of day I am having the view of Pikes Peak settles me.  
I am grateful for the beauty of Colorado, I can't imagine not living here. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships