Skip to main content

Day 20: Clean Water

When I was getting ready to go on my first trip overseas my Doctor told me to keep my mouth closed in the shower, as well as my eyes.  I had never thought about it before.  But getting dirty or unsafe water in my mouth or eyes through showering, or brushing my teeth, is a form of ingesting it - just like drinking it would be.  Today I was thinking about water (there's so much rain coming down in Colorado now that I am pretty sure I am not the only one thinking about water!) and feeling so grateful that if I got it in my eyes or mouth in my shower I didn't need to be concerned. It's something those of us who live in developed countries take for granted and don't really give much thought to.  But you would give thought to it if you had to hoof it a mile or so away and draw your own water that you knew would make you sick but you had no way to treat it.  You would give thought to it if you watched people you love retching because of ingesting disease ridden water. You would give thought to it if you had to miss school to fetch water that was only going to make you and your family sick.  Because I am so grateful for the opportunity to have clean water at the turn of a knob and to not have to worry about if I will get sick from it I jump at chances to help others, in underdeveloped countries, have the ability to have clean water.  What can you do today to show your gratefulness for clean water?

Here's some ideas in case you aren't sure:
Blood:Water Mission
water.org
Compassion International - I have drank dirty water that was filtered through one of these filters - amazing! They absolutely 100% work.

Did you know?  Water Facts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships