Skip to main content

Day 10: Freckles

Another day in which I wasn't ungrateful yet apparently I wasn't grateful either.  My day passed without complaint from me but also without an awareness to what was potentially happening around me that was Gratitude Attitude disguised.  I'm sitting here tonight reviewing my day and wondering, "Where's the Gratitude Attitude?"  I'm also wondering, "Is today the day I pull out a really lame one just to say I was grateful for something today?"
Since I'm stalling I might as well ask you.  How you doin'?

No really, how are you doing on your Gratitude Attitude?  I meant it when I said I would love to hear from *you* about what you are finding yourself grateful for these days.

Okay, enough stalling.

Today I'm grateful for the freckles that are sprinkled across the noses and elbows of my redheads.  I love their freckles.  And I love the story behind their freckles.  When they both were born they had zero freckles, very unusual for redheads.  Until they were 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 they had no freckles still.  And then we went to Disney World and they came home with the lightest freckles across their noses.  I called them permanent souvenirs of Disney World!  Around the time the oldest hit 4th grade I noticed freckles dotting her elbows. They were divine.  I "ate" them up.  Since then each year the girls seem to get more and more.  They are most prevalent on their faces and elbows and I adore them.  The ones on their elbows still get me every time. (It must be a Mama thing. *grin*)  The youngest spent a good two weeks as a fish this summer and when she walked back in our door after being out of my sight and grasp for about 3 weeks I couldn't believe the number of freckles that popped to the surface of her face!  So many new ones to kiss and admire.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 281