Skip to main content

Who I really am

The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become - because He made us. He invented us. He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be. . .It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own.  C.S. Lewis

I am never more myself than when I allow God to be my eyes, ears, mouth, hands, feet, etc.  I am never more myself than when I let him direct my thoughts and words.  I am never more myself than when I let who he is be who I am.  And the same is true of you.  Did you know that?  Do you believe that?  It's okay if you don't because that doesn't change the truth of it.  
When we allow the Creator of our lives and souls to infuse us with the personality he created for us then we are, at those moments, who we really are.  We are the truest us we can be.  When we veer off course from allowing God to infuse us then we become an imitation.  And people always, eventually, see through imitations.  In fact, I have been able to look at people and see beyond and below the surface to who they really are not who they are trying to be.  It always changes my perspective on them and makes me a little sad for them.  What wounds, what life experiences, what perceived failures have led them to veer off course from who they really are?  I want to see healing for them.  
It rubs some people the wrong way to hear phrases like "let God take us over", the accusation is that God wants a bunch of robots but the truth is that we are never more of an individual than we are when we allow God to take us over!  He made us so he knows what makes us unique and set apart.  We don't.  We guess, we attempt, we experiment with individuality but everything falls short of it until we allow God to take us over.  
When I allow God to take me over I am a better and different person.  Ask my husband, he'll tell you!  *grin*  But as true as that is for me, it is true for you also.  
Who are you really?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships