Skip to main content

The most important part of preparation

One cannot be prepared for something while secretly believing it will not happen.  Nelson Mandela

With today's quote the light bulb above my head went off.  The most important part of preparing for something, anything, is believing it will happen!  DUH!  This has never occurred to me before, you?  I think deep down I maybe knew that but I never really thought about it.  Until today.  Until the wisdom of Nelson Mandela grabbed my attention.
I think about my lifelong journey with health and wellness.  Perhaps one of the reasons I have never achieved health and wellness permanently is because I never had the most important part prepared and that is belief!  Belief that I can be at a healthy weight and not struggle so much, belief that there are better things to do with my emotions than eat them *grin and sigh*, and belief that I am worth spending time on to get and stay healthy.  And, for me, health and wellness isn't the only thing I don't think I have prepared for with belief.  I think there are other things.  What could and would change if I put the most important part of preparation in?  I think so many things would open up and I would have new eyes through which I see my possibilities and dreams.
What about you?  Does today's quote smack you upside the head like it did me or are you wondering why it took me so long to understand that the be prepared full for something we need to believe it will happen?  (I admit I am slow on things like this...)  What do you think you could accomplish if you did the important prep work of believing?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships