Skip to main content

For Saturday, January 19: Happiness is...

Happiness is a fresh baked cookie.  Otis Spunkmeyer

If you are familiar with Otis Spunkmeyer cookies then you know that happiness, for him, is indeed a fresh baked cookie and he shares that happiness with others.  I happen to agree with him because I am a "cookie monster" but it got me to thinking.  How would I finish the statement "Happiness is..."?  What's happiness for me?  What's happiness for you?  And once you know what it is, do you share it with others?
There's actually quite a few things that make me happy.  (Different than joy btw, and that's a different blog)  Baking makes me very happy.  And part of the happiness I get from it is sharing it with others.  (This is how Otis and relate.)  Reading makes me happy.  I don't share it with others by reading to them but I do share books I love with others and share what I think of the books I read with others.  (Check out my Bookworm blog here.)  Giving gifts of all shapes and sizes makes me happy and while I don't get to do it as often as I would like or want to when I do I am wildly happy to put a smile, hopefully, on another person's face and in their heart.
So I guess I can't finish off the statement "Happiness is..." with just one thing but I do know I can share what makes me happy with others.  How about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships