Skip to main content

Maximum Perspective

Today I know it deep in my spirit that the hard seasons don’t minimize Him but in fact magnify His goodness.  Katie Davis

This is not a new truth but one that is easy to forget and hard to remember.  That may sound like I just said the same thing but I didn't, not really.  Stick with me.  
It's easy to forget about God's goodness when things are going well.  We tend to forget that his goodness is there, weaved in throughout our days.  We breeze through our days without giving him much of a thought.  It's unfortunate that we have allowed ourselves to forget him.  
It's really hard to remember God's goodness when things aren't going so well.  Suddenly we begin talking to him and about him, blaming him for this hard season.  Um.  Either he's with us all the time or he's not, make up your mind.  You know what I'm saying right?  Even the most hardened heart acknowledges God in hard times.  W-W-W-HAT?  Think about it.  Hard times hit and what do people start doing?  Talking "to" God.  They begin yelling at him, cursing him, blaming him, asking "why", and in really rare instances they praise him.  But no matter what kind of heart hits hard times they all end up talking to God - which is the opposite of minimizing him.  Just sayin'.  :)  And if the heart sticks it out, goes through the hard stuff, walks the distance then God's goodness always cuts through the dark of the season.  ALWAYS.    
I'm learning to embrace the hard seasons rather than cower and hide from them (really unproductive btw and it will lengthen the season so I'd recommend finding a different way to approach it!).  I'm learning how to have a perspective that allows me to see the lessons in the midst and what the possibilities are as the season comes to an end.  In fact, I've just walked through some really hard years.  Yes, years.  Oh it hasn't all sucked - I've been given reprieve here and there but overall my 30's have been hard.  But they've been a good hard.  I've been, for the most part, embracing the dark seasons and allowing God's goodness to really cut through and guess what?!?  It has!  
So my challenge for you, and me, is to have a maximum perspective about our hard seasons.  What does that mean?  Allow God's goodness to cut through the dark.  How do we do that?  By choosing to remember his goodness in the bright and sunny days.  Don't let the good seasons make it easy to forget him - we all need his goodness during the bright days to be something stored up in our hearts for the dark days.  And in those dark days we will see his goodness magnified for us and others to see.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships