Skip to main content

Beginning

Begin.  It may appear complex but you can see the way: begin.  Simply begin.  Mary Anne Radmacher

I have a problem with beginning things that feel, look, and truly are overwhelming and complex for me.  And what overwhelms me is probably not what overwhelms others.  We all have those things that tend to make our heart rates rise, our hands get clammy, and our minds spin and go nowhere productive. 
Traveling is my most recent overwhelming and complex thing.  I get myself WORKED up about packing and about all the logistics.  And yes, I know how to pack well - especially for overseas etc.  But I still get overwhelmed and I don't, I can't, begin.  So what happens?  I'm frantically packing last minute and having to make unnecessary runs to the store for things I procrastinated on because I was feeling stuck. 
If I would just begin.  Even if, in the case of packing for a trip, it means opening up my suitcase and placing in it a few items I know I will need to have with me on the trip and not before then.  Just to get started.  Once I get going the momentum propels me forward and I do just fine.  But I have to simply begin. 
What overwhelms you?  What have you been procrastinating on?  Simply begin. 

Comments

  1. I procrastinate with things at work when I am not sure how to proceed. I sit. I wait. Until it's too late. Then I blaze through it like a fiend and feel like an idiot because it was pretty simple and if I had just pushed through the first time, it would have been fine.
    Work = 1,473 - Me = Zip

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships