Skip to main content

My Front Porch Looking In

This song came out when I had my own two little "carrot tops" toddling around the house.  I love this song!  I love the heart behind this song and the visual of looking inside the house rather than outside. 

It makes me think about what do I see when I look in rather than out.  These days my carrot tops are in the midst of pre-teen years and no longer are hauling around sippy cups and wearing their shoes backward.  Those days seem like they were so long ago.  When I look in to my house these days I see two carrot tops - one is sitting at the table mixing colors and creating amazing works of art and the other is twirling and dancing and singing at the top of her lungs.  And then there is my hub, he's there giving affirmation, guidance, direction, doing the dishes, paying the bills, being a strong and steady presence in our lives. 

Pikes Peak, which happens to be out my front window, is gorgeous but not near as beautiful as what I see when I'm on my front porch looking in! 

My Front Porch Looking In

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships