Skip to main content

The Generous Mr. Lovewell


One of my favorite albums of the past year, maybe of all time, is Mercy Me's "The Generous Mr. Lovewell".  The title track of the album is a description of my heart, my desire, the way I want to live and the way I want to be known. 

So many times we stop short of extending ourselves because we somehow have been convinced that if the gesture isn't "big" enough or "grand" enough then it isn't even worth doing anything.  Where did this crap idea come from?  From the bigger is better society we live in?  Well it's crap.  Yeah, I said it.  I have found, just in the past month or so, that the smallest gesture of kindness, the smallest act of compassion, whatever it is I have been compelled to do and yet think is small has made the BIGGEST impact.  Bigger is not better in most cases.  I always knew that even the smallest gesture we make could make a huge difference to someone else but I have really seen it as I purposely practice daily.  A tootsie roll smile, in the words of one recipient, "makes my day"!  Seriously?  I was just being goofy, silly, light-hearted and what I thought was "small" was actually huge in this person's day. 

Love isn't or shouldn't be about the size of the gesture, the grandness of the moment, the monetary value of the act.  Love is about how well we each do it.  How WELL do you love?  It is the smallest things that make the greatest changes.  Want to change your world?  Then love well.  

The Generous Mr. Lovewell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships