Skip to main content

Hanging On

Sometimes life is crazy.  Sometimes life is chaotic.  Sometimes life is bright and sunny and sometimes it is dark and cloudy.  Sometimes life is crystal clear and sometimes life is murky.  And through all these sometimes all we can do is hang on. 

So far, in my 36 years of life, all I have found that is worth hanging on to and keeping a grip on is God and his Word.  It has brought me sanity when I am going insane.  It has brought me healing when I am walking through deep woundedness.  It has brought me comfort when there is none to be found elsewhere.  It has brought me life when death threatened to swallow me up. 

In the past year things have been a little crazy. In my life and in the lives of many of my friends.  One of my besties, RoJo (not real name...or is it?!? HA!), has had a crazy year.  God, in his provision and wisdom, uprooted her and her family from Colorado to Salt Lake City.  Not only has it been a transition establishing a new home in a new city and having to find new friends but they have had to adjust to a very new and different culture, for them.  Currently this is RoJo's song.  Knowing her as I do (we've known each other since 2nd grade so it's safe to assume I know her fairly well!) I can imagine that each time she hears this song she is reminded and comforted that God and his Word are what will and does keep her hanging on.  So this one's for you Ro.  Hang on friend, HE IS YOUR ROCK!   

Hanging On
Britt's DL about Hanging On

Comments

  1. Thanks Beth. You truly do know me well. Hugs and love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships