Skip to main content

#TravelTuesday


For today's #TravelTuesday I want to talk about around-the-world travel. This is some of the hardest travel to accomplish for one simple reason - money. It takes money to fly other places, stay in many lodgings, eat out all the time, pay the entrance fees to places we want to visit, etc. Oh sure there are cheap(er) ways to do it but it still takes money. 

It's worth it. Start small - get your passport if you don't have it. This is like making a promise to yourself that you will go somewhere someday. Put it in a shadow box, drill a hole in the top of it to drop change and dollar bills down into and start saving. 

I've been fortunate enough to do some around-the-world travel thanks to the generosity of my parents. I've also been to Kenya twice thanks to the generosity of people in my life who believed in the reasons I wanted to go to Kenya. And while the traveling experiences were different for a lot of reasons they all have helped to expand my worldview and expose me to different cultures and people and ways of looking at and living life. I highly recommend it. 

Where in the world would you like to go? 

"The whole purpose of travel is to return home and discover what your house actually smells like." @bazecraze (alex baze)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships