Skip to main content

#SneakAwaySunday



How far away are you willing to drive for your #SneakAwaySunday ? My radius extends to no more than an hour away or else I am spending my sneak away on the road instead of rejuvenating. You have to decide what's right for you.

Today I'm sticking close to home. In fact, I can't get any closer as my sneak away location today is my own house. Say what?! That's right, you heard me. I'm sneaking away while staying home today. Great news! You can too (as long as the family will cooperate with you). Your sneak away space in your home depends on your home! I've seen posts about people forsaking a large walk in closet for storage purposes and create it to be a sneak away space. Not everyone has that luxury. I certainly don't. I have an area in our living room that I've kind of taken over. It's got a recliner. I've set up next to it a basket that has some essentials - earbuds, some chocolate, etc. Then I've got a TV tray set up that has an oil diffuser on it, kleenex, space for a book or two, my glasses, a cup. My Mama has a similar set up at her house and she calls it her nest. I like that. It is where I settle in. Oh, I also have a pillow my hub gave me years ago and depending on the season a shawl and blanket that two besties sent me. My family respects my sneaking away, sometimes they will even depart the house for a few hours to give me space. Because let's face it, I don't always have the energy, desire, ability to sneak away for real - so I've found a way to sneak away while staying put. I'm not the only one. Apparently it's a thing. Check out some of these posts about creating spaces in our homes for getting away from it all:


Susanna Wesley, mother to 19 children - two of them John and Charles, lived in a time where sneaking away wasn't possible for several reasons. One of the more famous stories about Susanna is how she created space to sneak away in the midst of all the noise and activity. She pulled her apron over her head! And when the children saw that Mama had her apron over her head they knew she needed to have a moment to herself. So if Susanna Wesley could figure out how to sneak away then surely we can too! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships