Skip to main content

Day 63: Sunrise

Okay so this is one of those Gratitude Attitudes that I'm trying to have a gratitude attitude about.  This morning (um, ahem, yes that would be yesterday - Monday - because I am behind...again...what's new?) we got in the car and started our trek toward school.  I peered to my left and saw a blaze of pink coming up over the horizon.  And it grew and grew until the sky had been taken over by glorious pink and purples turning into oranges and fading into blue sky.  It was magnificent.  And I was stuck in the freaking car trying to sneak peeks of this glorious show while trying to also be a safe driver.  And I fought being grateful for the display and the gorgeous start to my day and being grumpy because I couldn't sit and simply enjoy it. These days I miss every sunrise.  We are already in the car and the day is already on the fast-track.  And honestly? I feel pretty grumpy about it.  I want to watch the day come up in a blaze of glory and beauty but I'm stuck in the car watching it come up in the rear view mirror.  This is not how my life was going to happen in my head all those years ago.  :)  BUT the need to have a gratitude attitude needs to prevail, thus this particular post. Yes, I'm stuck in the car while amazing displays of creation are happening outside ushering in the day.  But I am also stuck in the car with, more than equal to the sunrise I am missing, amazing displays of creation who light up my days with their red hair and their sunshine smiles.  I'm sitting in the midst of sunrises everyday whether it's outside my window or sitting next to me.

THIS was the sunrise from Monday, October 28! Someone else had the time to capture it - I'll work on not being jealous. :)  It's amazing right?!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships