Skip to main content

Day 61: Airplanes

Yep, I'm grateful for airplanes today.  No, I'm not on one and aren't going to be on one anytime soon BUT I'm grateful for them as I think about what they have enabled me to do and who they have enabled me to meet in my life so far.
Because of airplanes I have been able to travel to states in America and countries across the oceans.  I've been able to see wonders of the world and wonders of my own little world.  I've been able to have face time with people who have known me since birth and meet people who I'm able to have face time with as God allows.
I'm grateful for airplanes that have carried me to my nephew and niece and my NYC family and have carried them to Colorado to see me (okay, and the other family members to.  I will share I guess!).  I'm grateful for an airplane that carried me recently to a friend in Seattle that God has gifted me with so unexpectedly many many years ago.
I'm thinking about my gratefulness today for airplanes as I journey to meet a friend that I only could have met thanks to an airplane getting me to his home country and one that brings him to mine.  Tonight I get a little face time with a friend from Kenya.  I have traveled to his country and he is currently in mine.  And it is partly possible because of an airplane that flew us both over oceans and land.  Certainly there are other contributing factors but an airplane has a role for sure.  In a few short days my Mama will get on an airplane and fly over the same seas and land I have to walk on Swaziland soil and meet new friends and smell new air.  I'm already, in advance, so grateful for an airplane playing a role in her time in Swazi.
What are you grateful for today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships