Skip to main content

Where's your head?

Forget all the reasons why it won't work and believe the one reason why it will.  Unknown

Usually the one reason why something will work is the only thing we need to focus on but we tend to allow the negatives, i.e. the reasons why it possibly won't work, to be our focus.
I think about this in regards to being healthy and weight loss. (As one example - it can apply to, well, anything!)  I focus on all the reasons why I don't think my efforts/attempts to get healthy will work instead of focusing on the one (or in this case maybe two!) reasons why it will.  I make a choice to believe the negatives rather than the positives.  Again we see it comes down to choice - we have a choice to make and we have to make the choice daily.  Sometimes within a day we have to make the choice hourly!  When it comes to being healthy, for me, it is an hourly kind of choice I am faced with.  Each time I have something presented to me that goes in my mouth and lands on my hips, potentially, I have a choice to make.  Will I allow the negatives of the journey of health (and those are perceived negatives btw, I don't believe they are true negatives) outweigh the one (or two!) reasons why the journey to health works?  If I go ahead and pop the "fun size" Twix bar in my mouth then I know what my choice was at that moment.  If I make the choice to walk the treadmill for an hour instead of watch mindless TV then I know what my choice was at that moment.
Our choices also indicate what we believe about fill in the blank.  If we make the choice that goes along with "it will never work" then we are saying we believe the negatives and they hold more power in our lives than the positives.  It's all about mindset.  Where's your head?
What would happen if we all chose to forget the reasons why we think (or know) something won't work and choose instead to focus on the one (or two!) reasons why it will work?  I can only think that amazing things would happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships