Skip to main content

Pushing aside the meaningless to get to meaningful

Clutter is the meaningless getting in the way of the meaningful. http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/2011/10/organizedhome-day-8-defining-clutter.html

I have quite a few framed pictures of people I love around my house.  I happen to have a rather large collection on this counter top that separates our kitchen from our "dining room".  I love those pictures.  I think that they are a representation of what's important to me and my family and that's simply we have people whom we love and whom love us.  (At the end of the day - and life - that's what is going to matter the most but that's a different blog!)  But that counter top is like the bane of our family.  It has become the clutter catch-all.  It's kind of the first surface that is easy to lay stuff down on when you walk through the door.  So it gets cluttered pretty quickly.  Some weeks we keep it fairly cleared and then other weeks...well I'd prefer to just leave it to your imagination.
Here's my point and it goes perfectly with today's quote.  When that counter top gets too cluttered I don't see the pictures that I love any longer.  The clutter gets in the way of those faces that I love and I know love me.  Those faces are very meaningful in my life but the clutter distracts me from them...more often than I'd like.
Sure it's a simple example of how true today's quote is but maybe it got you thinking.  What clutter is in your life (seen or unseen) that is getting in the way of meaningful living?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships