Skip to main content

Living with purpose

The great and glorious masterpiece of man is how to live with a purpose. Montaigne

Got purpose?  And no, I'm not referring to the over-read, over-publicized "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.         (Tell us, Beth, how do you really feel about that book?  *grin*)  
Do you have purpose?  There doesn't need to be a whole book about this topic - it's pretty straightforward.  If you don't have purpose you will "waste" away.  And get this - you do have purpose.  You do!  The question is are you living up to it?  Or are you choosing to hunker down in a pit of self-pity, dysfunction, despair, etc?  The choice is yours.  You can either live your life as a piece of scrap metal or as a glorious masterpiece of art.  The choice is yours because you were created with purpose.  But you have to put some sweat equity into it.  Your purpose isn't going to just live out itself, you have to bring it forth.  
Don't know how to bring forth your purpose?  Don't know what it is or might be?  Just start living and giving 100% to living and see what rises to the top.  Oh and lose the thoughts of grandeur.  The greatest purpose for life is one in which "small" things are done day-to-day with excellence.  One of the greatest purpose filled lives you can live is being the very best parent to your child you can be.  Sure you may not receive the Noble Prize for it but the ripple effect of that will go a whole lot further than some prize.  (Here's my proof - how many Noble Prize winners can you name?  How many parents can you name that you admire?  See?)  That's just one example of something the world considers to be "small" but in reality is huge!  
You've got purpose, so go and live it out.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Affirmation 365

I've been thinking about it for over a month. Usually, when I'm in it I'm engaged. But this time? I started it indifferent and I've felt indifferent all along. I should have never started. Hindsight is 20/20 they say and they aren't wrong. So when I opened my eyes this morning it was clear. It's time. Time to quit this 365. This is the first 365 that I haven't posted several of the days, the first 365 that I wasn't super excited about, the first 365 that I've quit. I've changed my social media presence and interactions the past year so this is also the first 365 that hardly anyone has been interested in. Is it the topic or my decision to not be as accessible on social media? Or is it some other reason altogether? Well, regardless...I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't say if I'll ever do another 365 again. Time will tell and I will know if and when it's time.

Affirmation Day 273

Don’t quit - replace: The key to changing your habits for good Change Any Habit Painlessly How to Change Unhealthy Habits

Affirmation Day 288

Walk Your Own Path, Do It Your Own Way Walking Your Own Damn Path