Skip to main content

I'mmmmmm baaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkk!

And I'm still asking the same question, can I really do this
And now you might be asking a question in response - WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?

What can I say?  I'm a sucker for punishment.  Lest you think doing one thing every single day for a year is easy let me assure you it is not.  But it gives me some structure, something to be productive about (as if my life doesn't already produce enough activity!), and it gives me an outlet for writing something, anything every single day. 

After my last experiement ended a bestie who knows me well (since 2nd grade so when I say she knows me well I actually mean it) asks me, "So whatcha doing for the next 365?"  :)  She knew I'd have to do another one at some point.  So this one is dedicated to her, my RoJo.  :)  My last one, the 365 Song Experiment, was thanks to another bestie who was doing her own, very ambitious, 365 Movie Experiment. 

Once the said RoJo asked me what I would do she and I went back and forth about what could I do for another 365?  And it was she who came up with this next year's focus: quotes.  It's an obvious choice for me although I didn't see it myself.  I love quotes.  I'm forever making my Twitter and FB status' quotes about many things. 

You'll note that between the song experiment and the start up of this 365 there's been a few months.  I needed that time to breathe and not have to log in every day to my blog.*  I also wasn't sure if I could actually come up with a quote a day for a whole year.  Oh it's not the quotes - Google quotes and there's an abundance (over abundance maybe?) - it's me.  Some days I'm just not inspired.  I know you know what I'm saying.  You've had those days too.  So I was reluctant to put myself out there and pull some lame quote out of thin air because I felt uninspired.  What to do?  Well experiment with even that, of course! 

For the past 8 weeks I've been using my workplace as the "guinea pig" for the quote-a-day.  During a Lobby renovation I've been "stuck" in an office space that has a large white board in it.  Now.  I don't know about you but I can't, CAN'T, let a white board go blank.  No really, I CAN'T.  So I figured this white board would be my perfect testing lab for a potential 365.  So everyday for the past 8 weeks I've put a new quote up on the board.  And guess what?  I bet you can guess.  People have liked it...a lot.  So I'm pretty convinced I can pull off 365 days of quotes. 

EXCEPT.

Except I'm going to Italy in July for almost three weeks.  And internet is crazy expensive over there so that's going to be something like 19 days I'll be unplugged (can anyone say BLISS along with me?!?  I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about being unplugged for a few weeks.  Seriously. need. it.).  Unplugged means no quotes, means not a true 365 and I decided it just means the 365 becomes more like the 384.  :)  This type A chick can deal - and if you follow the blog - you'll have to deal too. 

But, uh, Beth?  You could've you know, like waited until after July to start.  DUH.  Yeah I could have but guess what?  I didn't wanna.  I thought about it but after this 8 week experiment I'm in the habit so I better stick with momentum and just keep going!  :)

Welcome to my 365 Quotations. GOT QUOTES?  Send 'em my way and I'll feature them and give you credit (probably!).  And because I'm wordy I'll probably share my brief (quit snickering) thoughts on the quote of the day but I promise to make it brief and every once in a while I won't have a thing to say about it - I'll just let it speak for itself!  Maybe.  :) 

So welcome. (Longest welcome ever, I'm sure of it.) 

*I considered a photo blog - a pic a day - but in the end decided it was too much. But I started a photo blog, it's just not a pic a day or even a week, it's whenever I feel moved.  Check it out by clicking here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships