Skip to main content

Can I really do this?

It started with a friend who decided she was going to watch one movie a day for a whole year. And not only watch it but "review" it. She got the idea from watching "Julie & Julia" but who can really commit to cooking all the way through Julia Child's cookbook?!? Nobody with kids and you'll note that Julie didn't have kids. So she decided on movies. One a day - some she has seen, some she has not. It got me thinking, could I? Could I be disciplined enough to do something - ANYTHING! - for 365 days? No breaks, no excuses? My first ambitious thought was to workout. I mean how great would that be to workout every single day for a year! And then reality smacked me upside the head. What if I got the flu? Traveling? Can't do the workout for a year and besides you might get sick of reading day after day something like, "Thought I was going to die today but only ended up puking." HA! So after throwing around ideas with said friend above the idea for songs became the winner. (Confession: It was her brilliant idea, I can really take no credit.)

So for the next 365 days I am going to choose a song and write about it. Hopefully you'll get two things out of this experiment of mine. 1) A laugh, inspiration, or challenge from the song of the day and 2) exposure to music that maybe you haven't given a chance before. Btw, that's my hope as well - to be exposed to some music I haven't given a chance before so send me YOUR favorite songs and I'll add them to the mix! With 365 days in front of me I can promise you I will hear your song(s)!

Comments

  1. This sounds like a great idea Beth. I am often blessed by reading your posts on FB. I am sure I will be blessed and challenged reading your thoughts on music. I have a song in mind already I am thinking of sending you to write about. Praying the Lord blesses you abundantly in doing this experiment and those who read it. Even if you skip a day their is Amazing Grace and you can always catch up later :).
    Have fun and be BLESSED!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships