Skip to main content

Here in Your Presence

Ever thought about the power of presence?  I've heard the phrase "commanding presence" and it can be a good or bad thing depending on how the person appropriating that presence chooses to behave.  I've been in social situations before where the room is taken over by someone who has an infectious presence and is the "life of the party".  The presence of people we love is missed when they are gone.  Presence is powerful.  

Maybe you believe in God, maybe not but this song talks about the powerful presence of God.  He is a commanding and infectious presence.  Get a taste of him and you need more.  In his presence there is a comfort that can not be described with words, an empowerment that can only come through supernatural means, that which seems impossible becomes possible, what is broken down is restored, and so much more.  It's a mystery that slowly reveals itself as you spend more and more time in the presence of the Creator of all.  And yet it remains a mystery and that becomes okay. 

God's presence seems to be a hard thing for people - believers in him or not - to grasp.  I have had my moments.  Growing up in church I heard about it but never experienced it in a way I could say was God with me.  And then one night, in High School - which will drive most people to their knees in prayer I am convinced! - I was on my bedroom floor praying over a situation and suddenly a warm presence passed over me and I knew.  I knew God's presence had made itself known and felt to me in that moment.  He's always present but it seems that this night I needed to feel it, to know for certain and so he came to me and met me there.  I will never forget it.  And with his presence that night, whatever I was praying for suddenly became okay.  I got up from the floor knowing all would be well.  His presence does that , it reassures us that all will be well because he is God and the great I AM who is intimately involved and directing every detail of our lives - whether we want to admit it or not! 

As I have gotten older, both in physical and spiritual ages, I find that the presence of God does accomplish an "undoing" in my life in all the ways I need it.  He undoes me from my control freak tendencies, he undoes me from my pride that threatens relationships, he undoes me from judgement toward others, he undoes me from unhealthy mindsets, he undoes me from unhealthy habits.  He simply undoes me and as he does I pray, I hope there is fruit of what he undoes and then plants in my life! 

If you have never given God's presence a chance in your life, or if it's been a while, then I hope you take a chance and invite his presence in and see what a difference, in all good and right ways, he can and wants to make in your life.  He loves you, he loves you, he loves YOU.   

Here in Your Presence

(Song idea submitted by my friend Tanya.  Thanks girl!) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships