Skip to main content

Life is a Highway

The first time I remember hearing this song was in High School. My brother, Paul, was in a production at his High School (yep, we went to separate schools) and the finale of the production was this song and my brother playing the harmonica during part of it. It brings back such good and fun memories and every time I hear this song I smile and first think of my brother on stage playing that harmonica (that he didn't know how to play and just picked it up one day and learned!).

I'm a big lyrics person (must be the writer in me) and even the lyrics of this song have captured my attention for years. If we are on the highway of life then we have to travel with the road, not against it. And it's always easier to travel those roads with a friend by your side.

This song just makes me happy! And I've included the version that has one of my fave bands, Rascal Flatts, singing it for the movie "Cars". How could you not be happy singing along to that?!? (Btw, has anyone else noticed the major similarities between the movies "Cars" and "Doc Hollywood"? Huge similarities, I'm just sayin'!)

Life is a Highway

Comments

  1. I feel like we will have A LOT of similar songs during this 365 experiment! I like the new version, but I must say I am partial to the original Tom Cochrane. Gotta love a one hit wonder that gets re-made!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships