Skip to main content

Risk

If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.  Jim Rohn

Risk is loosely defined as the chance of loss.  Settle is loosely defined as "to come to" and "to become quiet and orderly".  You have decide what kind of life you want to lead.  One that will be filled with chance but few regrets or one that will be played safe, quiet and orderly and also filled with longings unfilled because the "what if" of loss seemed to overwhelming.  
I'm not a risk taker by nature.  It's scary and I don't like scary.  But at some point in my 30's I decided I had better start taking some risks on things that seemed scary to me (but clearly weren't to others!).  For my own personal beliefs I knew that the "what if" of the thing I felt God asking me to risk was not near as scary as the idea of disobeying the One who I call LORD.  I was, I still am, much more "frightened"* of disobeying my Abba than I am of the thing he's asking me to take a risk on.  Guess what I have found?  Freedom and joy and an abundant life exceeding anything I could have ever dreamed up!  Forget quiet and orderly - give me abundant life!  

*Don't misunderstand me, I'm not frightened in the sense of quaking in my shoes, fearful of consequences, etc.  I'm frightened in the sense of awe and respect for the One who has my days numbered and sees what I cannot so knows what he is asking of me is for my benefit...and most likely the benefit of others!  There's a big difference!  :)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships