Skip to main content

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

I find the lead singer of Green Day to be a wee bit creepy.  There.  My confession is out and I feel so much better.  :) He has dead eyes.  Very strange.  Anyway.  This song fits in well with my theme week last week BUT I didn't use it so today it is!  :) 
This song I actually first heard done as a parody so I can't help but fill in lyrics with the parody instead of the real thing.  But looking up the lyrics to make sure I was hearing the real song and not the funny version I found that I really do love the sentiment of this song.  It's another one of those that verbalizes taking advantage of moments and capturing them.  I have always loved the idea of taking snapshots of moments and capturing them like you would with a camera.  Photography draws me, always has and so the idea of using it to capture moments pulls at me. 
When all is said and done at the end of your life will you be able to say that through the whole of life - good and bad - you had the time of your life? 
I will be able to.  Why?  Well you know I have to say it!  Because of Jesus.  He makes my life worth it on every level. 
Have a great day!  I'll be at Young Life's Frontier Ranch today experiencing Young Life as a 36 year old "camper"!  No doubt having the time of my life!!  :)

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships