Skip to main content

For Saturday, June 25: Enter Sandman

Okay, I have a confession.  I really, really, really like Metallica.  :)  No really I do!  I have always liked their sound, I love James Hetfield's voice, I love Lars Ulrich's persona and drumming.  It's a bit out of personality for me but I'm going to blame it on the fact that in High School I dated a guitar player and then I ended up marrying a bass player!  It got into my blood! 
James Hetfield is amazing.  His voice is so distinct and well, this is silly but I will confess, back in the day when he had all his hair he was a dead ringer for the Cowardly Lion from Wizard of Oz.  I'm just sayin'.  Now with short hair  he's not so much but I still think of the lion when I look at him.  And look at what I found when I google imaged James:

Apparently I am not the first person to think this about James.  HA!  That's hysterical. 
But back to the music.  Metallica just has this sound that is deep and gritty and I have always been drawn to.  I has to be from all the musicians in my life.  It's not just James and Lars but Kirk on guitar is incredible.  Kirk took Dave Mustaine's (Megadeth) place as guitar in Metallica. I for one am so glad because I do not like Dave Mustaine at all.  ICK.  Anywho.  They have a relatively new bass player that I'm not familiar with as Metallica isn't a permanent rotation on my playlist any longer. 
Today's song is an "oldie" from Metallica...with a twist.  A few years back they did a concert of their songs with the San Fran Symphony. It was amazing.  I loved hearing their songs done in this style and I loved that they totally wanted to do their songs this way.  I ate it up!  So did the crowds, the experiment was rather successful.  Lanny and I like to watch "Where are they now?" docu's on VH1 and we've watched a couple in Metallica and each one we watch I just like them a little more and more.
Here's to good rock! 

Enter Sandman (with the San Francisco Symphony)
Enter Sandman (studio cut)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships