Skip to main content

Surfin' USA

I grew up on The Beach Boys.  And before you start doing the math between my age, 36 btw, and when the Beach Boys were hitting it big let me explain!  :)  Until I was in 6th grade all I ever heard was The Beach Boys, The Temptations, etc, etc.  It was all my parents listened to and therefore all I listened to.  In 6th grade I somehow got a copy of Tears For Fears and The Beach Boys and the like fell to the wayside but until then I knew every word to every "oldie" song there was.  So my childhood memories revolve around a lot of the "oldies". 

I LOVE The Beach Boys!  When I hear a song by them a few specific memories hit me.  One is listening to their Christmas album while helping my Dad in our new addition to our house in Michigan.  Another is driving with my Dad to his job site in Ft. Collins and listening to my Dad harmonize with their songs and whistle along.  My Dad LOVES The Beach Boys.  And I guess whenever I hear a Beach Boys song I immediately think of my Dad.  I associate the two of them because my Dad is the one who introduced them to me so long ago! 

And really that's not such a bad deal.  One makes me think of the other and vice versa and both I love.  But my Dad?  Well, I love him so much more than any Beach Boys song!  :) 

Surfin' USA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships