Skip to main content

Ghost

One of my besties, Judy, loves the Indigo Girls.  So it was no surprise to me when she shot this song my way!  She also loves the Grateful Dead and because she's a bestie I offered to include the Dead in my little experiment as well.  :)  She hasn't taken me up on it...yet! 

I confess that I am not sure I have ever listened to the Indigo Girls all the way through one song (and right now Judy is wondering why and how we are friends!).  So this is my first and I have to say, I likey!  First off, they are incredibly talented and their voices blend so well together that to listen to them is like sitting in shade on a hot day, very relaxing!  I get why Judy likes them so much.  But I'm willing to bet she also likes them for their lyrical content and this song is great lyrically.

I think we ALL have a ghost that we are in love with.  Someone from our past that we loved and then lost through whatever set of circumstances drove us apart.  I know I do.  And I find the ghost that I live with interesting because my heart and my mind battle over the reality of who that person was and is and what our relationship was really based on.  Of course now I have been married to Lanny for 15 years and our marriage has been a healing balm for the ghosts of my past.  But the first few years were rough for him as I tried to put the ghosts to rest for good.  :)  Poor guy, he has had to deal with me for sooooo long! Haha!  I read the lyrics to this song and I get them, I mean I am right there with this song and the story it tells.  In fact, I have lived this song in a lot of ways.  Part of me regrets it, wasting so much time on a ghost but another part of me recognizes that it grew me up and so that's good.  Our experiences in the past weave together to create our futures and for that I can have no regrets. 

Ghost

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships