Skip to main content

March 1, 2015

World Compliment Day
Let's make sure we are all on the same page. A compliment is this.
15 Best Compliments You Can Possibly Give
Need some help coming up with some compliments?  Check out this list.
99 Compliments for Kids (ages 4-12)
50 Compliments for Men
Compliments Women Can’t Resist
11 Most Unique Words to Use in Your Compliments
The 10 Compliments Your Tweens or Teens Need to Hear

Compliments are life-giving, let's be life-givers today and every day!

Horse Protection Day
National Geographic: Horses
Breeds of Horses
Protecting Your Horse
The Horse Fund: A Global Organization that protects horses through intervention, education and legislation.
Horse Protection Act: A Federal Law

Fruit Compote Day
Simple Berry Compote Recipe
Stone-Fruit Compote Recipe
Winter Fruit Compote with Selection of Cheese
Fall Fruit Compote Recipe

Namesake Day
Were you named after someone?  Famous, related, or special to your parents in some way?
I was named "after" a favorite babysitter my Mom had when she was a girl. The babysitters name wasn't exactly Beth Ann because my mom didn't want to be a copycat!

Plan a Solo Vacation Day
Honestly? I couldn't go on a solo vacation longer than a couple of days, even this introvert needs to have a person or two around every now and then.  But I do love a couple days at a time being solo and not in my normal surroundings.  A few years ago the organization I worked for was closed on Veterans Day.  My hub and kiddos still had work and school.  I could have stayed home and cleaned and such but I decided to take a day away.  I drove up to Denver, spent as much time as I wanted in a favorite bookstore of mine, ate lunch by myself at a favorite place, and then wandered around Ikea until I felt like I was ready to go back to my real life.  That was a vacation for me, even though it was only about 12 hours.  I still felt refreshed and that, I think, is part of a true vacation.
How about you? Solo vacationer or no?
Table for One: How to Plan a Vacation for One

Pig Day
Domestic Pigs
My favorite kind of Pigs

Peanut Butter Lover's Day
*mouth watering*
I love, LOVE, me some peanut butter!  I used to be a smooth only lover, but in my older age I have developed a love for the crunchy also.  So basically I love peanut butter, smooth or crunchy.  And peanut sauce? Forget about it, sends my taste buds into overdrive!  How do you feel about peanut butter?
I love it on a PB&J sandwich, in recipes for both savory and sweet foods, I really love it combined with chocolate, heck, I love it by itself - sometimes I just need a spoonful of peanut butter.
The Origin of Peanut Butter
Healthy Eating: Why Peanut Butter is Good for You
For the true peanut butter lover
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe (yes! you can make your own!)
10 Easy Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter & Co Peanut Butter Recipe Blog
Peanut Sauce Recipe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships