Skip to main content

The hand I hold

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Isaiah 41:10 NLT

I think life is pretty scary.  It asks us to take risks, it asks us to have courage, it asks us to feel things we'd rather not, it asks us to be open to things we may never consider on our own.  Life has joy, sorrow, happiness, fear, and every other emotion you can think of.  Life holds lessons for us, if we are willing to learn.  Life is pretty scary.  And sometimes the scary is good, thrilling even.  But sometimes the scary is bad, isolating at best.  
I know a fair number of people.  I watch them all tackle life and I wonder, when the bad scary of life hits, how they do it.  How do they get through loss of any significant kind, tragedy, etc without grasping the hand that created them in the first place?  I cannot imagine trying to walk through the bad scary parts of my life without God.  It is as unfathomable to me as it is to some who can't imagine why they would want or need God's hand to hold.   So all I can speak to is my own personal life experience holding the hand of the one who created me.  Even when the surface of my life is rocky the depths of my life are calm because of the hand I hold.  I bear no shame in saying that I need to hold God's hand throughout the days of my life.  His hand provides me with  assurance, strength, wisdom, balance, stability, guidance.  His hand carries me when I simply cannot go one more step in this life.  His hand gives me victory in this scary life.  
What about you?  What gives you victory in this scary life?  Have you ever considered God?  Have you dismissed God?  Why?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships