Skip to main content

For Sunday, February 24: Hands and Feet


Yesterday my family and I, with a group of friends, helped pack meals for kids all over the world who are starving and impoverished.  It's a fantastic organization doing amazing things and inviting people to participate.  You can check them out by clicking here.  Today's quote is true of me, perhaps you as well.  As I have gotten older, seen a few more things, made a few trips to some slums, and gained a better understanding of what scriptures like James 1:27 mean I have discovered that if I keep my hands and feet to myself not only do people lose out on what I can offer but I lose out on being enriched.  My hands and feet are not my own, they are meant to be extended and to help promote healing and life.  Since the lesson is so important I've made it part of my duty as a parent to teach this to my redheads early on on their lives so that they develop and cultivate a life that extends itself on behalf of the "least of these."  I believe when we use our hands and feet for healing and life we then are allowing our hearts and souls to be expanded and mature.  There are so many ways to extend ourselves; don't let excuses, fear, insecurities, or ignorance stop you from reaching out.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships