Skip to main content

The winds of life

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. William Arthur Ward

Today's quote makes me laugh.  Mostly because of how true it is.  As soon as you read today's quote did names immediately come to mind of those who fit the pessimist, optimist, and realist?  Which one are you?  I think we all want to be the realist, adjusting our sails to handle the wind.  But we aren't all the realist. Some of us are the pessimist and some are the optimist.  Sometimes we can be any of the three depending on the winds. A warmer wind, for example, is easier for me to adjust my sails to.  A cold wind usually brings out the complaining in me.  We all need a variety of these kind of people in our lives.  Pessimists help me to be more optimistic or realistic.  Optimists usually point me toward realism, although sometimes I fall into pessimism.  And realists help me gain perspective while I can share with them optimism...and sometimes I pass on pessimism, although I aim for optimism if I can't find my way in realism.  Sometimes it helps us when we are married to someone so opposite from us.  My hub is a pessimist.  He drives me nuts!  But because he is so pessimistic I am compelled to be optimistic or realistic more often than not, trust me it is no good when both of us are pessimists!  :)  How about you?  Where do you fall?  Do you have people in your life who compel you, like my hub does for me, to hold a different perspective about the winds of life?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships