Skip to main content

Let's go have some "fun"!

Extroverts want us to have fun, because they assume we want what they want. And sometimes we do. But “fun” itself is a “bright” word, the kind of word that comes with flashing lights and an exclamation point! One of Merriam-Webster’s definitions of “fun” is “violent or excited activity or argument.” The very word makes me want to sit in a dimly lit room with lots of pillows—by myself.  Laurie Helgoe, Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life Is Your Hidden Strength

HAHAHAHAHA!  This is so true of me.  My idea of fun is browsing a book store for as many hours as I want by myself (usually).  Or I think it is fun to be with one other person in a quiet coffee shop.  I have been frustrated when extroverts try to convince me that my "fun" isn't fun at all.  It is for me just like theirs is for them.  I don't begrudge them their ideas of "fun" so I wish they would respect my version of it, and some do.  It's the ones who can't fathom that there are people who aren't just like them.   
I especially love the last line of today's quote.  So many days that is exactly what I feel like doing when I've had too much interaction for too many days in a row.  Sure I'm an outgoing introvert but I definitely have my limits.  :)  I get worn out.  
What's your idea of "fun"?  Is it with one or more exclamation points and some or lots of flashing lights or is it more subdued?  Either way is okay and either way is okay for others, just remember that.  So with that said, let's go have some "fun"!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships