Skip to main content

Nourishment

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind.  Proverbs 11:17

Feeling low?  Kinda down in the dumps?  When was the last time you reached outside of yourself and extended kindness? If it's been a while then that may be why you are feeling a little low.  Something incredible happens when we reach out beyond ourselves - beyond our own circumstances (that may be grim), beyond our own selfishness (we all are), and beyond our own moods (we all get in them) - we experience nourishment.  Our souls lift and become lighter, our perspective on our own circumstances alter slightly, our selfishness is exposed to light and we can deal with it, our moods change course.  At least this is my experience when I extend kindness, especially when I'm not necessarily feeling it right away.  Sometimes, I admit, I have to take a deep breath and put a smile on my face and go what feels like the "extra mile" but then as I get into it I find it is good and right to do and before I know it I am nourished as the other person is as well.  There's always evidence to back up is a person walks away receiving the kindness extended and there's always evidence if the kindness extended was or became *grin* genuine.  Kindness extended and received promotes health and well-being on all the levels we need  - mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  So if you are feeling low in spirit might I suggest you look for ways to genuinely extend kindness to others?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships