Skip to main content

I'm not a cut out cookie, you don't have to be either!

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I don't have to do what everyone else is doing.  Unknown

Today's quote challenges me in that place where I picked up people pleasing (fear of man) behaviors.  In my people pleasing days I tried to please everyone by doing what they were doing...even if it wasn't the right choices. I realized quite a few years back that by doing that I was acting like a cut out cookie.  Yes you heard me right - a cut out cookie.  See here's the thing about cut out cookies (which I love btw but I am dangerously close to digression again so we'll leave it at that), they are all the same.  They are uniform and exactly the same.  No individualism coming from a cut out cookie.  Now you see what I am saying right?  :)  I'm not a cut out cookie and neither are you!  And the good news is we don't have to be!  Oh there will be people in my life and yours who want you and I to be but we don't have to.  We can choose to be our our kind of cookie.  In fact, please please please be the kind of cookie you were created to be.  And that's the other side of this.  God didn't create us to be cut out cookies.  He created us as individuals.  And he did so because things work better if you've got a few different people - with different strengths and weaknesses - working on things together.  A group of the same exact people isn't going to get much done.
So if you've been feeling like a cut out cookie lately I've got GREAT news - you aren't one and you don't need to act like one!  Be the cookie you are supposed to be!  :)

Silly question: If you were going to be a cookie, what kind would you be? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships