Skip to main content

Legacy

I want to leave a legacy 
How will they remember me? 
Did I choose to love? 

Did I point to You enough to make a mark on things? 
I want to leave an offering 
A child of mercy and grace who blessed your name unapologetically 
And leave that kind of legacy

Nichole Nordeman

What are you doing today that will leave its mark on tomorrow?  Creating and leaving a legacy has nothing to do with having children and grandchildren.  It has to do with leaving a mark on your world that will outlast you - single, married, widowed, still a child, lived a long life, in the in-between of life.  No matter where you stand today (age, relational attachments, career, etc) you can be creating and leaving a legacy.  
Maybe it's morbid but have you ever had that thought, "If I died today, this very minute, who would miss me?  Remember me?  What would people say about me?  How would my funeral/memorial service go?"  I think it's actually worth considering.  Why?  Because if the initial answer is fear that you wouldn't be leaving a positive, healthy, inspiring mark then you might want to reconsider how you are living your life and change what you may leave behind.  :)  
That's the good news.  You can change it today.  But it has to start today because there is no time like the present.  What if your days on this earth ended tomorrow?  So face yourself and if you don't like what kind of mark you are going to leave behind then decide to change it immediately.  You can you know.  You can leave a legacy that will spread out like ripples on water, touching people you may never meet.  


Bonus Video for today's quote!


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships