Skip to main content

#SomewhereSunday





My #SomewhereSunday destination today is Spain. Barcelona is on my oldest daughter's bucket list as #1 and I hope someday I can make that happen for her...and tag along. *wink* I tend to lean more toward the European countries for places I want to go but Spain does land on my list and once I did a little more exploring it's easy to see why. 
Spain is a big enough country that my tour guide of choice, Rick Steves, couldn't do it all in one tour so he broke up Spain into different regions. If you have the time explore Spain along with Rick Steves - I'll include a few of the videos in today's experience. To start, here's Rick Steves touring my daughter's numero uno destination choice and another place, Catalunya, where some of my favorite artists hail from! 


Basque Government Health Department Head Offices, Bilbao
Check out this building! It's art. 




Girona

The White Village of Casares Sierra, Bermeja, Andalusia





Spain uses the Euro for its currency







Valldemossa Village, Mallorca
 

Valle del Pisueña














Now Rick Steves takes us to explore Northern Spain and the Camino de Santiago - including a run with the bulls in Pamplona!






 




          
Gujus Waterfall, Urkabustaiz










Let's talk about food. Some of the best flavors and foods in this world come from Spain. Here is one top 10, I recognized a couple of the dishes but a couple I was thinking of didn't show up here. 

The tapas craze in the U.S. of A originates in Spain. I personally love it - you get a taste of many things in perfect portions. Pair tapas with some good beverages and it's the perfect dinner date with the girls. (Dudes tend to need more food, tapas are their warm-up!)

Barcelona

Castle of Sant Joan in Lloret del Mar, Costa Brava















Catalonia


Check these out! I'm obsessed.
According to my Google search they are Flores de Tajinaste Rojo


Oh, sure. Barcelona is amazing, so is Madrid and Seville. But there's so much more to Spain. Check out these 12 cities, some of Spain's hidden jewels. 

Flamenco Dance is quintessential Spain...

as is Flamenco Guitar.

Barcelona's La Sagrada Familia or Church of the Holy Family

Bilboa









Majorca

                   

We get a personal tour through Madrid thanks to Rick Steves.

Granada


Madrid




Ronda









Seville
Sierra de Montserrat








Go full on in your *travels* through Spain today by cooking up some traditional foods. You can get some ideas - and recipes - by clicking here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships