Skip to main content

#ThriftyThursday


Today's #ThriftyThursday topic is grocery shopping. Did you hear the loud groan that accompanied those two words? I hate grocery shopping. And I really hate putting them away once I get home. But that's neither here nor there when it comes to thriftiness. 

For years I've seen different tips and hints and whatever else's about how to save money on groceries. Of course there are coupons and there was that ridiculous couponing craze a few years back that made people look and act insane. Regardless, I've not been successful at any of these tips, hints, methods, etc. Mostly because it usually requires a lot of driving around to several different stores and getting in and out of your car a lot. Who has time for this? Even people who work from home or don't have another job outside the home - how in the world do you have time to drive to and fro? Plus, the cost of gasoline driving all over the place - uh hello? Anyway, I'm not very good at the whole thing. 

But I found an article that gave 10 tips to get a little more thrifty on the grocery side of life and what I liked about the article is some of the tips didn't involve me driving all over town just to save $.10 on 5 cans of soup. (Just sayin'.) I was also pleasantly surprised to discover that I practice one of the tips - meal planning. I also, every so often, will go to the discount bread store which I LOVE. So yay me! I'm practicing a couple of the tips. Here's the article, are you practicing any or have you in the past? 


Today's #ThriftyThursday Quote:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships