Skip to main content

#ThrowbackThursday


Let's talk about style. Not current fashion but those fashions we sported back in our younger days. You know those days - when we thought we looked G.O.O.D. *wink* 

In the spirit of the day here's a few photos of my stellar fashion sense back in my day. 

August 1983 - I LOVED this dress, I wore it a lot and I thought I was quite the cutie in it! 

I'm not just outing my fashion sense today but my brother's as well - look at his shorts and socks! Hahaha! And then there's me. I remember this outfit very well - I put a lot of thought into it. I was definately going through a pink phase - you can't see it here obviously but my entire bedroom was pink walls - as in bubblegum pink - along with white wallpaper that had pink hearts on it. This was in July 1986. 

Huh. I just noticed that with the posting of this picture and the two above there's a lot of pink. I must have liked it much more than I thought. To be fair this sweater I'm wearing in September of 1987 was actually coral. I adored this sweater, I wore it as much as I could get away with and I thought I was extremely stylish pairing it with my stonewashed jeans and - even though you can't really see it in the picture - my stonewashed denim purse. It was the days of stonewashed denim. 


In October of 1987 I was apparently very proud of this look I was walking out the door sporting. But I'm all one color! Brown and beige from top to bottom...oh dear. 

My family falls prey to my disclosure again. Here's what is a little funny about my outfit in this picture - it's my Mom's! And as my Mama and I were looking through lots of pictures searching for my stellar fashion sense we noticed in a number of pictures I was caught wearing my mother's clothes! Btw, can you see the skirt pockets through the skirt? After the fact I noticed that skirt was fairly see through. 😳

See the sweater I'm wearing? I loved it! I thought it was so clever and stylish - the colors, the geometric shapes, the black/white background for the shapes. I wore this sweater a lot. Also, I'll further expose myself - I am standing on a ski hill - probably the bunny hill or the edge of the ski slopes - but do not for one second think I actually skied...or ever have. I have never even put on a ski boot! I am better suited to saving *you all* warm seats in the lodge. Ha!

Okay, one last #ThrowbackThursday picture. This is May 1991. My shiny, PINK AGAIN!, formal with its matching shoes was for my Junior Banquet (the Christian school's substitute for Prom). I also had a strand of very fake pearls the same color of the dress and shoes. Basically I could have been going to a Halloween Costume Party as a Pepto Bismol Girl, ha! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5, 2015

The Feast of Firstfruits & Easter Go for Broke Day If it scares you this is the day to go for it no matter what. One Day Without Shoes Day Today is to raise global awareness for children’s health and education.  Why shoes? Because shoes help protect from bacteria in the dirt, rusty nails, dirty needles and shoes enable feet to withstand the long distances most children in developing countries need to walk to get to school. Join TOMS One for One There is plenty of criticism out there for TOMS and its short term solutions. Critics don't even buy the "at least they are doing something" statement.  However, you have to start somewhere. And every bit of awareness helps something go from short term to long term.  We all have a part to play. Read a Road Map Day One of the many reasons I would stink at The Amazing Race is because I never did learn how to read a road map well.  I remember doing worksheets and class lessons on maps and I was able to skate by to pa

Affirmation Day 148

People can use anxiety to motivate themselves, study finds 3 Ways to Use Anxiety to Your Advantage How Anxiety Can Be Helpful

Affirmation Day 130

Healthy Relationships Signs Of Healthy Friendships